- Before the Storm:
- Set up a free weather alert by text, email or phone from net.
- Designate a ‘safe room’ free of windows (e.g., a closet or inside hallway). Include sleeping bags, pillows, and mattress to get underneath if your home suffers structural damage.
- Stay tuned to radio, tv and the Internet for weather updates and any mandatory evacuation announcements.
- Charge all devices, including cell phone, camera, laptop, portable tv and radio.
- Recharge or purchase extra batteries in all needed sizes.
- Refill prescriptions to have a supply on hand.
- Fill up the gas tank in your car; check oil and tires.
- Have cash on hand.
- Tell friends and family whether you plan to stay or evacuate.
- Protect important papers in plastic envelopes, safes or off-site; place duplicates in another location:
- Driver’s license
- Medical information
- Proof of ownership of your home
- Insurance policies
- Pictures and a listed inventory of your property
- List of important contracts
SFPMA MEMBER - Find us on the Members Directory
Tags: Association Members News
, Education - Property Management
, Management News